Activities : May and June 2010
The Activities Carried During May – June 2010 In The College Are As Following:
- The summer vacation for the academic year 2009-2010 was from 07/05/2010 to 06/06/2010. The college reopened on 07/06/2010.
- The teaching faculty was engaged in Central Assessment Program (CAP) organized by the University of Mumbai for assessment of answer sheets at the university campus. They were also engaged in assessment of papers for the college exam.
- The preparation of academic schedules along with the teaching methodologies adopted for various subjects by the subject teachers.
- Interviews were conducted by the staff selection committee. New teaching faculties are appointed and the post of the existing faculty is regularized.
- The institutional consultancy cell prepared interior layouts along with the tentative estimates for staff rooms, studios, exam section, stationary shop, seminar hall. Plans for improvisation of toilets, provision of signage. Development of digital library is initiated.
- Introduction of academic monitoring, mentor system for improving the attendance and overall performance.
- The faculty prepared proposal report for post-graduate courses conducted by YCMOU and submitted for approvals in the month of April’10. The inspection was conducted by the nominated members from Council of Architecture & a member from YCMOU for obtaining the approval to start a study center for post-graduate courses on 17th June 2010.
- The concept of summer school was introduced to motivate the defaulter students.
- The college is operating as the exam center for NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture). The NATA exams are being conducted.
- Teachers are co-coordinating with people in the industries for arranging interaction sessions, presentations, site visits, and design competitions.
- 2nd year B.Arch-ID Students along-with the subject in-charge visited the Ashram shala at Pen for the case-study.
- 2nd year B.Arch students have done the case-studies of YUVA center-Kharghar, D.Y.Patil stadium- Nerul, Khar Gymkhana- Khar, Bandra, NMSA-Vashi, Kamdhenu club-Thane for the case-study.
- 5th year students of B.Arch. & ID visited the manufacturing unit of ESCON elevators at MHAPE, Navi Mumbai, to understand the details.
- 4th year students of B.Arch.ID visited the construction site of Oberoi Splendour at Jogeshwari- Vikhroli Link Road, for flat slab construction, and Raft foundations on 28 august 2010.
- 3rd year students of B.Arch ID visited Srilanka to document Ar.Geoffrey Bawa’s designed hotel. While half of the class visited Srilanka for 5 day trip, other half visited Puducherry, Chennai & Auroville.
- 3rd year B.Arch ID students visited National Institute if Fashion Technology NIFT Kharghar campus for Design related Case study on July 24th ‘2010.accompanied with Design faculties Arundhatti Roy, Jyoti Nair, Gulshankumar Sharma
- 4th year students of B.Arch.ID students participated in a week long Workshop conducted on Building Physics and Energy Simulation (Dealing building performance economically, socially, and climatically.) – held from 9/8/2010 – 12/8/2010 at Academy of architecture( Rachana Sansad), Prabhadevi, Mumbai.